There are lots of things that people in a relationship or married couples need to know or take note of when beginning their journey.
So, in this article, we are going to learn about important things to take note of when in a serious relationship or married.
1. Do not assume that your partner feels loved automatically, Date nights are a must, it doesn’t matter if you go out together, or stay in, it just has to be a perfect moment filled with love.
2. Talking openly about what you want to change in your relationship is also very important.
3. Learn each other love language. We all don’t perceive love the same way.
4. Go to bed mad at each other sometimes, don’t force a resolution, sleeping on it does help.
5. When you get into a fight, don’t just say “I’m sorry”. Say what you are sorry for, and how you will react differently next time.
6. It will get boring sometimes. Every couple goes through the “boring” stage, it is normal, It will fade gradually. This is the time in your relationship you will have to put the most effort in. Some days you will have to pull more weight than your partner, and vice versa.
7. It is very important to check in on each other’s mental health.
8. It is okay to go for couples counselling. It helps a lot, It doesn’t mean you two are ending or failing.
9. Talk about money, talk about your financial goals, let your partner know what you expect from them, and vice versa.
10. Turn off the phones an hour before bedtime and just talk to each other. Ask questions like:
“What do you need to see more of from me?”
“How can we understand each other better?”
11. And most importantly, be kind to each other. Love each other and fight for each other.
Remember, love is never easy, and it is one hell of a ride, but it is also very beautiful and worth it.