In the coming days, the vice president of Ghana Dr. Alhaji Muhammadu Bawumia will cut the sod the construction of the redesigned PTC Roundabout [Popularly known as AGIP R’ABOUT].
Below are a few things we should know as residents or visitors of the Twin City!
WHAT WILL CHANGE AFTER CONSTRUCTION
- Vehicles coming from Kwesimintsim area going to Cape Coast station/Vodafone/Paa Grant area, will use the overpass, without having to negotiate the roundabout. They will come straight, climb the overpass, descend, and continue to the the Paa Grant dual carriage lane. This will mean that the Bauxite heavy duty vehicles will no longer be seen sharing the roundabout with mini vehicles. They will be seen always on the overpass. Relief, and less congestion at the roundabout!
- Those vehicles coming from Effiakuma/Kojokrom/Fijai area going to Vienna/Beach Road/ Mankessim White House, Kokompe etc will go straight USING THE OVERPASS which will start just after the Jubilee Park entrance, climb, and descend after KFC building to join the Beach Road dual carriage lane!
BECAUSE OF THESE TWO CHANGES…
- Vehicles coming from Kwesimintsim/Agona Nkwanta, Tarkwa area to Market Circle, WILL NOT USE THE OVERPASS. Things will remain the same as is now, just that they will now use a subway, which will get them to negotiate the roundabout, and continue to Market Circle.
- If you are from Effiakuma, Kojokrom, Fijai area going to Market Circle, YOU WILL NOT USE THE OVERPASS. You will take a right subway that will lead you to the roundabout and use the second exit AS IT IS THE SITUATION TODAY.
- If you are FROM PAA GRANT going to Effiakuma, YOU WILL NOT USE THE OVERPASS. You will use a subway which you lead you to the roundabout, then you exit at the first turn, AS IT IS TODAY!
But if you are from Paa Grant going to Kwesimintsim/Agona Nkwanta, you will use the OVERPASS.
Talks Africa Media | Muftaw Iddrisu