In times where we want to address several health issues all at once, we have to find a panacea that comes with minimal or no side effects. Most of us besides watching our weight, still want to boost our immunity, detoxify and supplement our dietary requirements.
Ginger, garlic, and lemon water is a great combo that has a plethora of health benefits and everybody should have it regularly. The secret behind it lies in the individual health benefits of each of these components.
Wide research has been done on these 3 and when combined, they make the best combo that one could ever have. An amazing fact about all of them is that they have been in use since ancient days(Ayurvedic medicine) before modern medicine became popular.
Let’s look at them individually;
Garlic is packed with several medicinal benefits such as:
– antiinflammatory properties.
– combating common colds.
– reduce blood pressure.
– lowers bad cholesterol in the body.
– has antioxidants thus anti-ageing properties.
– detoxifies the body by getting rid of heavy metals.
– lastly, it improves bone health.
Ginger has the following health benefits besides being a popular food spice:
– Reduces nausea and muscular pains
-Has anti-inflammatory effects necessary in arthritic conditions
– Lowers blood sugar and improves a healthy heart.
– Improves digestion and has been used to treat dyspepsia.
– It alleviates menstrual pains.
– Lowers cholesterol levels.
– Has anticancerous properties.
– Enhances brain functions.
– Boosts the body’s immunity thus improving the fight against infectious bacteria and viruses
Lemon, on the other hand, has the following health benefits:
– it is a great source of Vitamin C, a vitamin that improves our immunity.
– has ingredients that help in weight management.
– reduces chances of kidney stones.
– it also has anticancerous properties.
– lastly, it improves digestion.
With the above individual benefits, we can’t begin to imagine how such a combination will do to our body.
The most preferable time for taking it is early in the morning on an empty stomach. However, you can also take it at any other time of the day, such as after meals.
1. Crush a clove of garlic and a piece of ginger root that’s about 1 inch long and put the paste into a cup of hot water.
2. Allow it to cool a bit then add slices of a whole lemon into the water.
3. Drink while it’s still warm.
Preferably consume everything including the lemon pieces as some benefits can only be realized when consumed whole.
This combo is a sure way of ensuring your general health is in check. Covid-19 home-based caregivers have gone ahead to recommend this combo as it has all the health benefits to deal with the virus.