Nim plant is one of the valuable plants due to its medicinal qualities. It is used by a wide range of people across the globe for curing various ailments.
- In Ghana (West Africa), it is the major antidote for malaria. These are some ways to use Nim leaves to cure malaria.
- Boil Nim leaves for about 15 to 20 minutes in a clay pot. When it is boiled, drink 400 ml twice a day (one in the morning and another in the evening) consecutively for 5 to 7 days after the meal.
- Steam inhalation is one of the ways to cure malaria using boiled Nim leaves. Pour the boiled Nim leaves (include leaves in water for this process) into a bucket while it is still hot and sits beside it while covered with at least two thick blankets. Inhale the steam for about 30 minutes. Remember to stir the boiled water containing the leaves while under the blanket to allow hot steam to enter the blanket to enhance quick recovery. This process should be repeated consecutively for 3 to 4 days.
- Grind fresh Nim leaves in a stone dish and add water. After this process sieve and drink 400 ml twice a day for 3 days continuously.
- Nim plant is used to treat tooth decay ‘kaka’ (especially in early stages). Boiled Nim leaves should be gurgled while still warm twice a day (In the morning before meal and in the evening after a meal just before bed). The process should continue until decay fades. Limit or stop the intake of sugary food while on medication.
- Nim branches are also used for chewing sticks to whiten teeth. To speed the effects add charcoal powder. It could be a daily routine or one can stop after treatment is successful.
- Nim plant is also used to detoxify the body from bacterial infections.
[Disclaimer: This is just information and not medical advice, seek medical help from a medical practitioner.]