Governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) National Youth Organizer Nana B has touted and listed President Nana Akufo-Addo’s achievement in Bono East Constituency.
The National Youth organizer has also charged the youth of the constituency to be advocate of the New Patriotic Party’s sterling performance.
According to Nana B, H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo led NPP administration has achieved several development milestones within its first, nearly 4 year term of office.
Adding that, the distinct nature of these achievements have been their well distributed nature, ensuring that each region receives its fair and equitable share.
Explaining this assertion in detail, the National Youth Organiser of the New Patriotic Party Henry Nana Boakye esq. (Nana B ) has outline some of the achievements of the party within the Bono East Region at the Regional Youth Wing walk and Campaign Launch at Techiman in the capital of the region, highlighting job creation, infrastructural investment, industrialization, health, education and energy.
The National Youth Organiser intimated that in terms of job creation, the NPP has created a total of 2,055,010 jobs across the country, of which Bono East Region alone has 41,102 beneficiaries. Taking an in-depth view of the job creation opportunities, the youth leader outlined the following:
- NABCO: The Bono East Region has 3,140 beneficiaries out of 100,000 nationwide
Since taking over the governance of the country, this administration has employed 93,742 teaching and non-teaching staff under the ministry of education. Out of this number, Bono East Region alone has 2,856
Employed 81, 808 health workers, of which 1,411 are from the Bono East Region
Planting for Food and jobs has created 762,000 jobs of which 21,101 are within the Bono East Region
The YEA has also created 184,593 jobs of which 6,697 are from the Bono East Region
In keeping with providing opportunities for youth employment, the NPP administration through the Forestry Commission has employed 84,183 youth nationwide, with 1,856 in Bono East
The NPP administration has recruited 12,400 security personnel out of which the Bono East Region has 591 recruits.
NEIP has created 92,000 jobs and opportunities of which 2,050 are from the Region
Under the Presidential business support, 1,400 Jobs from Bono East have created.
1 District 1 Factory has created thousands of direct and indirect jobs through the establishment and revamping of 5 factories within the region out of 78 factories across the country.
- Under the New Patriotic Party’s industrialization drive through the 1 District 1 Factory policy, the Bono East region has 5 factories currently in operation. These are;
Amantin Agro Processing Limited at Atebubu Amantin engaged in the processing of Cassava into industrial Starch
Govpama Limited is located at Nkoranza South and is into the processing of Maize, Rice and Soya beans
Kobbiman Farms can be found in Nkoranza South and is involved Cashew Production on a commercial scale
Techiman Cassava Starch is within Techiman Municipal, engaged in Industrial Starch Processing
Agribusiness Consult is located in Kintampo North and are into Soya bean processsing
- Through the Free Senior High School and TVET policy, Bono East region has about 35,000 beneficiaries enjoying Free SHS/TVET
- In the Bono East Region, a total of 565 infrastructural projects of varying complexity have been embarked on by this administration. A closer look at the numbers reveals that 202 of these have been completed, while 363 are at various levels of completion. On a sectorial basis, the breakdown of infrastructural projects is as follows:
Energy Infrastructure: 251 total projects, 29 have been completed with
- Education Infrastructure: A total of
97 projects have been started, with 53 completed and 44 ongoing.
- Water and Sanitation Infrastructure: 101 total projects, 39 completed with 62 ongoing
Health Infrastructure: 26 projects in total, 18 completed with 8 currently under construction.
Housing infrastructure: Total of 23 projects, with 17 completed and 6 ongoing
Warehouses: Under the 1 district, 1 warehouse, the region currently has 4 warehouses in operation.
Atebubu Amantin District has one located at Atebubu
Techiman South has two warehouses all located at Nkaeso
Nkoranza South District also has one warehouse located at Yefri
ONE CONSTITUENCY ONE AMBULANCE
- 12 ambulances have been provided for the region, with one ambulance per constituency in the region
By: Talks Africa Media