Have you ever wanted to treat your aches with a natural home remedy? If it’s yes, then this article will be useful for you. Our daily life comes with bruises, aches and bumps. Sometimes it could be headache, arthritis and other forms of pain in the body. The first idea is to go for over the counter drugs and pain killers. These pain relievers might work but in the long run, will generate adverse effect which could harm you.
Below are some natural ways of dealing with aches in the body:
1. Turmeric: Turmeric is a spice that gives our dish a distinct flavour and colour. Beyond the good taste of turmeric, it has a compound called curcumin that is a great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Pain is most times caused by inflammation, and with Turmeric having an anti-inflammatory compound in it you can easily treat pain with Turmeric.
2. Epsom Salt: Epsom salt when soaked in warm water can help relieve muscle, joint and bone pain. This treatment can also work for those with arthritis and Fibromyalgia.
3. Cloves: This is a spicy and sweet herb that can help relieve pain through eating or applying directly to the area with the pain. It is a very good treatment for headaches, toothaches, arthritis and another form of inflammation. Cloves contain a painkilling compound called eugenol.
4. Ice and Heat: You may want to try using ice or heat before trying pills and over the counter drugs. This is one of the oldest and most effective methods of treating pain caused by inflammation or injury. You can apply ice to the area of the pain, this helps reduce swelling and inflammation. It is important to place a towel between your skin and the ice to prevent burning. After about 30 minutes you can remove the ice and then apply heat. This is to help relieve stiffness and relax the muscles.
5. Ginger: A study shows that taking 2 grams of ginger daily helps reduce muscle pain. It is good to include ginger in your diet, raw and natural ginger is better as it still has all of its healing nutrients locked in.
The above treatment works effectively for people new to aches. If you have chronic pain or aches, kindly seek the help of a doctor and use the above as a supplement.