in

Seven die after inhaling fumes from generator

0

Seven women have died in a beauty parlor in Rijau Local Government area in Niger State on Thursday, July 30, 2020.

The deceased who were two married women and five single ladies went to the salon to make their hair ahead of the Eid-al-Adha celebrations.

According to reports from the state police, the young ladies had breathed in too much exhaust from the generator.

The report said there was lights out and to keep overhauling of clients, kept the generator inside the shop housing the seven women, and shut the salon parlor.

The report said “the lights were put out that Thursday so as to keep overhauling her clients, the salon owner purportedly acquired a generator into the salon and shut the door”.

It added that “the ladies unfortunately breathed in the fumes making them gag to death”.

Observers say the ladies passed on from breathing in exhaust from the generator utilized in the salon.
While five of them kicked the bucket on the spot, two others passed on in the clinic where they were hurried to.
A representative of the State Police Order, Wasiu Abiodun said the bodies have been discharged to the families for burial and examinations concerning the episode have initiated.

By Agnes Melissa Yovo | Talksafrica.com

Written by EDITORIAL STAFF

Comments

Leave a Reply

Loading…

0
0

Unilever bent on achieving future growth prospects

0

President Kenyatta takes over negotiations to ensure passing of the controversial revenue sharing formula